CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports 550+ new cases; Arkansas adds nearly 400 new cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 520,350 Total Positive Cases; 9,250 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 23) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri reported 569 new cases on Wednesday. Health leaders reported two new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 31,493 (1,423 Active Cases/29,566 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 2,322
- Barton County: 1,058
- Benton County: 1,566
- Camden County: 4,060
- Cedar County: 755
- Christian County: 9,436
- Dade County: 456
- Dallas County: 891
- Dent County: 953
- Douglas County: 850
- Henry County: 1,856
- Hickory County: 489
- Howell County: 2,981
- Jasper County: 8,097
- City of Joplin: 5,331
- Laclede County: 3,250
- Lawrence County: 2,958
- Maries County: 589
- McDonald County: 2,138
- Miller County: 2,489
- Morgan County: 1,706
- Newton County: 4,534
- Oregon County: 702
- Ozark County: 575
- Phelps County: 3,384
- Polk County: 3,720
- Pulaski County: 3,141
- Shannon County: 505
- St. Clair County: 645
- Stone County: 2,282
- Taney County: 5,126
- Texas County: 1,864
- Vernon County: 1,534
- Webster County: 3,339
- Wright County: 1,500
Arkansas: 346,569 Total Positive Cases; 5,887 Deaths; 279 Hospitalizations; 337,890 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 23)
The state of Arkansas reported 389 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday. Arkansas added three new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 3,323 (3,130 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 29,731 (29,143 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 3,990 (3,842 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 2,853 (2,784 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,168 (1,109 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 1,701 (1,651 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 1,480 (1,448 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 1,107 (1,052 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 751 (710 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 731 (704 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 1,638 (1,580 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 1,082 (979 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 31,492 (30,974 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.