CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri up more than 3,000 cases; Arkansas adds nearly 1,100 cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 177,693 Total Positive Cases; 2,899 Deaths; (as of 3 p.m. Thursday, October 29) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
The state of Missouri added 3,061 cases on Thursday. The state reported 29 new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 9,860 (3,372 Active Cases/6,341 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 859
- Barton County: 439
- Benton County: 488
- Camden County: 1,627
- Cedar County: 245
- Christian County: 2,498
- Dade County: 145
- Dallas County: 385
- Dent County: 260
- Douglas County: 295
- Henry County: 406
- Hickory County: 248
- Howell County: 1,228
- Jasper County: 3,308
- City of Joplin: 2,072
- Laclede County: 1,226
- Lawrence County: 1,139
- Maries County: 203
- McDonald County: 1,250
- Miller County: 919
- Morgan County: 698
- Newton County: 2,084
- Oregon County: 239
- Ozark County: 216
- Phelps County: 869
- Polk County: 1,217
- Pulaski County: 1,047
- Shannon County: 250
- St. Clair County: 126
- Stone County: 728
- Taney County: 1,785
- Texas County: 609
- Vernon County: 346
- Webster County: 1,210
- Wright County: 606
Arkansas: 109,712 Total Positive Cases; 1,875 Deaths; 98,340 Recoveries; 647 Hospitalizations (as of 3 p.m. Thursday, October 29)
The state of Arkansas reported 1,072 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday. Arkansas reported 19 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 695 (582 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 8,340 (7,634 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 1,057 (931 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 1,014 (926 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 332 (276 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 614 (407 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 433 (406 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 161 (136 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 319 (269 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 205 (178 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 373 (297 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 404 (369 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 11,616 (10,895 Recoveries)
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.