CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports nearly 1,600 new cases; Arkansas adds 2,500+ cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 441,789 Total Positive Cases; 6,461 Deaths; (as of 3 p.m. Wednesday, January 20) (Missouri does not report recoveries). Missouri reported 1,592 new cases Wednesday. Missouri reported 198 new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 24,977 (4,196 Active Cases/20,418 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 2,046
- Barton County: 883
- Benton County: 1,350
- Camden County: 3,520
- Cedar County: 615
- Christian County: 7,447
- Dade County: 396
- Dallas County: 759
- Dent County: 771
- Douglas County: 719
- Henry County: 1,586
- Hickory County: 454
- Howell County: 2,649
- Jasper County: 6,761
- City of Joplin: 4,392
- Laclede County: 2,749
- Lawrence County: 2,561
- Maries County: 505
- McDonald County: 1,827
- Miller County: 2,225
- Morgan County: 1,569
- Newton County: 3,815
- Oregon County: 636
- Ozark County: 487
- Phelps County: 2,812
- Polk County: 2,986
- Pulaski County: 2,866
- Shannon County: 450
- St. Clair County: 514
- Stone County: 1,851
- Taney County: 4,247
- Texas County: 1,477
- Vernon County: 1,286
- Webster County: 2,813
- Wright County: 1,276
Arkansas: 276,114 Total Positive Cases; 4,441 Deaths; 1,179 Hospitalizations; Recoveries 251,252 (as of 3 p.m. Wednesday, January 20)
The state of Arkansas reported 2,520 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday. Arkansas reported 55 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 2,476 (2,243 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 23,417 (21,309 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 3,063 (2,776 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 2,432 (2,249 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,002 (927 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 1,493 (1,392 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 1,237 (1,130 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 803 (704 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 618 (568 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 583 (529 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 1,394 (1,246 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 879 (796 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 26,133 (23,989 Recoveries)
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.