CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri reports 1,900+ new cases; Arkansas adds nearly 1,900+ cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 655,401 Total Positive Cases; 11,021 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri added nearly 1,927 new cases on Wednesday. Missouri added 11 new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 42,799 (1,393 Active Cases/40,806 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 2,926
- Barton County: 1,425
- Benton County: 2,117
- Camden County: 5,180
- Cedar County: 947
- Christian County: 12,934
- Dade County: 569
- Dallas County: 1,159
- Dent County: 1,464
- Douglas County: 1,259
- Henry County: 2,568
- Hickory County: 1,200
- Howell County: 4,223
- Jasper County: 13,066
- City of Joplin: 6,901
- Laclede County: 4,479
- Lawrence County: 3,841
- Maries County: 818
- McDonald County: 2,627
- Miller County: 3,307
- Morgan County: 2,234
- Newton County: 5,907
- Oregon County: 961
- Ozark County: 811
- Phelps County: 5,029
- Polk County: 4,904
- Pulaski County: 3,938
- Shannon County: 715
- St. Clair County: 857
- Stone County: 3,952
- Taney County: 7,080
- Texas County: 2,755
- Vernon County: 2,253
- Webster County: 4,356
- Wright County: 2,058
Arkansas: 479,110 Total Positive Cases; 7,362 Deaths; 1,090 Hospitalizations; 454,934 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15).
Arkansas reported 1,919 cases on Wednesday. The state added 28 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 5,549 (5,294 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 39,513 (37,794 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 5,862 (5,596 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 4,094 (3,888 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,605 (1,482 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 2,278 (2,174 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 2,306 (2,167 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 1,989 (1,887 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 1,120 (1,069 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 1,195 (1,133 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 2,518 (2,304 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 1,537 (1,440 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 41,975 (40,464 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.