CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri adds 900+ new cases; Arkansas adds 800+ new cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in both Arkansas, Missouri, and the Ozarks.
Missouri: 750,162 Total Positive Cases (Includes breakthrough infections); 12,619 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. Saturday, December 4) (Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri added 953 new cases Saturday. Missouri added three new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County: 46,785 (1,303 Active Cases/44,850 Recoveries)
- Barry County: 3,269
- Barton County: 1,577
- Benton County: 2,402
- Camden County: 5,737
- Cedar County: 1,041
- Christian County: 10,949 (Probable cases associated with a positive antigen test)
- Dade County: 606
- Dallas County: 1,270
- Dent County: 1,739
- Douglas County: 1,426
- Henry County: 3,108
- Hickory County: 1,293
- Howell County: 4,780
- Jasper County: 14,307
- City of Joplin: 7,482
- Laclede County: 4,886
- Lawrence County: 4,199
- Maries County: 937
- McDonald County: 2,868
- Miller County: 3,709
- Morgan County: 2,531
- Newton County: 6,393
- Oregon County: 1,078
- Ozark County: 894
- Phelps County: 5,830
- Polk County: 5,336
- Pulaski County: 4,472
- Shannon County: 793
- St. Clair County: 949
- Stone County: 4,237
- Taney County: 7,596
- Texas County: 3,182
- Vernon County: 2,699
- Webster County: 4,794
- Wright County: 2,294
Arkansas: 532,973 Total Positive Cases; 8,721 Deaths; 434 Hospitalizations; 515,557 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. Saturday, December 4).
Arkansas reported 805 new cases on Saturday. The state added 22 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 6,220 (5,892 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 44,085 (42,887 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 6,515 (6,258 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 4,426 (4,289 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 1,902 (1,776 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 2,730 (2,619 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 2,670 (2,533 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 2,329 (2,195 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 1,233 (1,164 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 1,325 (1,274 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 3,171 (2,986 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 1,941 (1,828 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 45,874 (44,944 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.